Filing Information

How do I appeal the trial court's decision?

If you wish to appeal a decision of the Intertribal Court of Southern California (the "ICSC"), you must: ​

  • be a party to the subject judgment.
  • file your Notice of Appeal with the ICSC within fifteen (15) days after the ICSC has issued its decision.  The ICSC is located at 49002 Golsh Road Valley Center, CA 92082.
  • pay the required filing fee of $600. The fee may be paid by check or money order payable to the “Intertribal Court of Southern California.” Cash is not accepted.


After I file my notice of appeal with the Intertribal Court of Southern California, where do I file my appeal documents?

Once you have filed your notice of appeal, you must file any subsequent documents with the Clerk of the Rincon Court of Appeals (the "Appellate Court Clerk"). Please refer to Section 3.812 of the Rincon Appellate Court Rules and Procedures for filing requirements and deadlines.


How do I file documents with the Rincon Court of Appeals?

You may file your documents:



  • By Mail - by mailing your documents to the Appellate Court Clerk at 34890 Lilac Extension Road, Pala, CA 92059. Note that filing by mail is not timely unless the Clerk receives the papers within the time fixed for filing. ​ Click here for paper filing requirements